Use lean beef or turkey to maximise the benefit of baking these rather than frying them.
• Stir 300g lean beef or turkey mince with finely chopped onion and herbs
• Use your blender to make fresh breadcrumbs. (Ideally a few slices of wholemeal bread as even white-bread eaters aren’t going to notice!)
• Add the breadcrumbs to the mince then roll into bite-sized meatballs
• Place on a greased baking tray and put in the oven at gas mark 6 (200°C, 400°F) for about 20 minutes
• While baking, cook a little garlic and oregano in olive oil, adding 400g chopped tomatoes and simmering until it has all broken down into a smooth sauce (blend if needed)
• Boil your spaghetti and then top with the meatballs and finally the sauce