31 August 2010
Maximum glamour, minimum effort – top advice on the right tools, products and steps for the ultimate party hairdo, from celebrity stylist and Wellaflex Silvikrin Style Director, Zoë Irwin.
Start with the right gear
Get a bristle brush, hairdryer and tongs to recreate this look. Plus, the new Wellaflex Silvikrin Heat Creations product range to help protect your hair from heated styling and for natural shine.
7 steps to the ultimate party hairdo
1. Brush damp hair and apply Heat Creations Blow Dry Spray evenly through sections of your hair to protect it against heat.
DID YOU KNOW? The polymers in the spray work with the dryer’s heat for lasting hold.
2. Rough dry hair to remove 50% of the water. Blow dry it in sections with a bristle brush to flatten the cuticle and help give shine.
3. Spritz hair with Heat Creations Hairspray. It works with the Blow Dry Spray to hold your style and give shine.
4. With a piece of hooked elastic, tie your hair into a ponytail, tease it out and mist with Heat Creations Hairspray for hold.
5. Then wrap the ponytail around its base, and taking Kirby grips, pin in to the top of your head.
6. Lift out the hair from the ponytail for more volume.
7. Run your fingers through the style so some loose strands of hair give a sexy finish.
For texture and better hold – it’s worth taking the time to pin up top sections of your hair so you can easily tease out the hair underneath when drying.
Pass it on – Wella’s winter 2010 trends
>> Share the latest looks with friends.