When you’re running around all day trying to get everything done, it’s easy to forget the battering your poor old feet are taking. Give them a little love once a week, though, and they’ll repay you a hundred times over. Not only do well-cared for feet enhance the elegance of your overall look, the very act of soothing and smoothing them is a perfect stress-buster – just ask a reflexologist!
1. Bath time treats Start by soaking your feet in some moisturising bubbles – you don’t need any special equipment for this, just a bathtub and your favourite foam.
2. Get scrubbing Pat them dry, then exfoliate using a pumice wand or better still a scrub especially formulated for feet.
3. Nip those nails Next, tidy up your nails with and file away any rough edges. Give any discoloured areas a good buff – trapped inside shoes, your toenails don’t often get the chance to slough off dead cells by themselves.
4. Two-minute massage Now for the best bit – give your feet a good massage with some super creamy moisturiser, paying special attention to dry areas around the back of the heel and at the sides where shoes rub.
5. Add colour Finish off with a coat of your favourite polish and while it dries, you’ve got the perfect excuse to put your feet up for a change!