06 February 2012
Tasty, nutritious and possible to make in 35 minutes including prep time!
• Cut a yellow or red pepper into thin slices and scatter over lamb chops in a roasting tin. Add thinly sliced onions too if your children will eat them – by the time the whole thing has baked these will taste sweet and be meltingly soft.
• The number of chops depends on the size of your family, but one large pepper will do for this dish for three or four people.
• Finely chop one clove of garlic and scatter this over the chops too.
• Add the contents of a 400g punnet of cherry tomatoes.
• Add a little salt and fresh pepper to taste.
• Add two dessertspoons of tomato puree to half a litre of boiling water (adding one teaspoon of Marmite if you want a little more ‘zing’) and pour this over everything.
• Place the tin in a pre-heated oven on gas mark 5 (190°C or 375°F) for about 35 minutes or until the meat is well cooked and to your taste.
Serve with carrots, greens and mash.