The value of home scents
The right aroma creates a warm welcome for all of us, so what’s right for you?
According to a recent survey by AmbiPur 3Volution, a third of us rate scent as one of the top five most important personal touches we can add to our home. But how can we get the right aromatic effect?
Finding the right scent for you
AmbiPur’s fragrance experts have put together a useful at-a-glance list of scents to suit your feel.
• Feeling light, fresh, perky.
Go for Citrus Scents – notes of lemon, tangerine, mandarin, lime, grapefruit and bergamot.
• Feeling vivacious, active, hyper.
Go for Fruit Scents – notes of apple, mandarin, passion fruit, melon, raspberry, pineapple, papaya and apricots.
• Feeling zestful, sporty.
Go for Oceanic Scents – notes of rain, ocean breeze, mountain air, cucumber.
For more ideas, check out our savvy guide to Best scents around the home.
Create the aroma you want
• Home scents. Diffusers are a great way to control the effect you want. AmbiPur’s 3Volutions unique diffuser rotates so that every 45 minutes one of three premium fragrant notes that complement each other are released. The diffuser can also last up to 90 days (when used on a minimal setting for 12 hours daily).
• Laundry. Using a fabric softener in your wash cycle not only helps care for your clothes, it allows you to carry that scent around your home as you wear them.
• Candles. These give off a warm light as well as offering a wonderful scent. Why not try Febreze scented candles? And don't forget to make sure you position candles away from any potential fire hazard situation, do not leave them lit when you are out of the room, and avoid using lit candles when children are around.
For great ideas on how to make the most of your home and personalise your feel, check out craft and interiors expert Danielle Proud’s advice on How to enjoy decorating your home.
Pass it on – try AmbiPur 3Volution for yourself
Go to our Tried and Tested page to try one of our long-lasting premium scents for yourself, then come back to us and let us know what you think.