10 great tips to reduce waste in and outside your home
Future Friendly has partnered with the Energy Saving Trust, Waste Watch and Waterwise to give you great advice on how to reduce waste in your garden and home this summer.
In your garden
• Water your garden with a watering can – it uses much less water than a hosepipe
• Raise the blades on your lawnmower – longer lawns need less water
• Check the weather forecast before watering your garden – rain might be on the way
• Install a water butt to store rainwater. This can be used to water your garden, wash your car and clean your windows
• Grow your own fruit and veggies
• Look for products with less or recyclable packaging
• Avoid using disposable plastic or paper cups, plates, cutlery and napkins for picnics
• Save energy by hanging out your clothes to dry when the sun is shining
• Wait for a full load in washing machines (and dishwashers) to cut down on ‘wasted’ energy
• Keep a jug or bottle of tap water in the fridge, so you won’t have to run the tap for a long time just to get water cool.
Taking small steps to make a big difference
As part of their Sustainability commitment and save the earth’s precious resources, Procter and Gamble partnered with leading independent environmental experts and launched Future Friendly over four years ago. Working closely with their brand ambassadors, Future Friendly inspires local communities and helps them to take small, yet cumulatively important steps to look after our planet.