Save money and energy this Summer!
Supersavvyme provides tips for energy saving, to you help save money and time and enjoy those last minute heat waves
Can you believe the summer is almost over? Soon the children will be back at school and the days will become shorter. So make the most of the last few summer days, using our handy energy and money saving tips below to help manage your time and keep track of those purse strings.
Throughout summer, you can easily save energy and still keep cool and clean.
- Make sure the thermostat on your water heater is set to 41°C - you’ll save energy by keeping your water from getting hotter than needed
- Run the washing machine during the night, electricity is cheaper then and it stops indoor humidity making your home feel warmer
- Dry your clothes outside in warmer months to save money on using an expensive tumble dryer
- Wash your clothes in Ariel 2 in 1 – the new dosage will leave your clothes clean with long lasting freshness.
- Double your recipe and freeze some food for later, reheating can use less energy than cooking and you’ll save time with a pre-made dinner on a busy night
- There’s no need to preheat the oven if your food requires an hour or more of cooking time.
- Use pots and pans that fit your hobs to keep heat from escaping.
Cooling your home
- Defrost your freezer. The ice that builds up over time can cause it to work harder to keep the temperature down.
- Keep your fridge stocked - It takes more energy to cool an empty fridge than a full one.
- If you have a laptop, you’re in luck! They can consume up to 90% less energy than a desktop!
- Set your computer to automatically switch to sleep mode after it’s been unused for about 20 minutes.
- Use energy saving light bulbs – they produce the same amount of light but will last longer and help save you energy.
- Unplug phone chargers when not in use or when fully charged.
If you have any energy saving tips you swear by, why not share them with the Homesavvy community below.