Try this fun family Christmas quiz
This fun festive quiz is an easy way to entertain everyone and enjoy family time this Christmas - whether you’re together or apart.
Put the whole family’s knowledge to the test and get a bit of healthy rivalry going with this Christmas-themed quiz.
We’ve put a star next to the easy questions for children, so the whole family can join in and spend quality time together.
Answers are at the bottom of the page... Good luck!
Christmas quiz questions
1. *According to the poem, ‘The Night Before Christmas’, how many reindeer did Santa have to pull his sleigh?
B) 9C) 10
2. What is traditionally hidden inside a Christmas pudding?
3. *What is the name of the character in Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ who gets visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future?
4. A foreign city has donated a huge Christmas tree to the people of Britain every year since 1947, which is always displayed in Trafalgar Square. Which city is it?
B) Stockholmc) Oslo
5. *How many days are there on a traditional advent calendar?
B) 24C) 31
6. *In the song ‘The 12 Days of Christmas’ how many gold rings does the singer’s ‘true love’ give him?
7. There are 365 days in a year. What number day is Christmas Day?
8. *Why did Father Christmas need Rudolf the Reindeer to use his large, glowing nose to guide his sleigh?
9. What is the last day of Christmas called?
10. Which plant, beginning with P is associated with Christmas?
11. What is ‘Happy Christmas’ in Spanish?
12. What’s the name of the ballet traditionally performed around Christmas each year?
13. Stollen is a cake with fruit and marzipan, traditionally eaten at Christmas and originating from which country?
14. Who introduced the Christmas tree to the UK?
15. What is a female turkey called?
16. Which unusual ingredient did Victorian cooks use in mince pies?
17. If you’re born on Christmas Day, what’s your star sign?
18. *When Santa got stuck up the chimney, his beard was all black, his nose was tickling, and what did he have in his sack?
19. Because of the time difference, do the people of Australia get to celebrate Christmas Day before we do in the UK, or after us?
20. *What’s the fun name for the sausages wrapped in bacon traditionally eaten with the Christmas dinner?
The answers1. A) 8
2. A coin
3. Ebeneezer Scrooge
8. It was foggy on Christmas Eve
9. Twelfth Night
11. Feliz navidad
12. The Nutcracker
14. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
16. Minced meat… eugh!
19. Before us
20. Pigs in blankets
You can also download this quiz here.