Beat those Bad Teeth Brushing Blues!
It’s time to break those bad brushing habits for a cleaner, brighter smile. Here, Oral-B’s Smile Director, Dr Uchenna Okoye, gives her top 5 tips to brush to perfection:
- SOFTLY DOES IT. One of the biggest mistakes people tend to make is to brush too hard. Generally people think brushing harder gives teeth a more thorough clean; however it actually just damages gums and may erode their tooth enamel.
- CHANGE IS GOOD. Not everyone changes their toothbrush or toothbrush head (if they use an electric toothbrush) as often as they should. Ideally, you should change every three months as a worn toothbrush is less effective at plaque removal.
- DO THE TWO-BY-TWO. Brushing teeth too quickly is a common bad habit. We should all be brushing our teeth for at least two minutes twice a day. Those few extra seconds and minutes will go a long way to help to eliminate the build-up of plaque on teeth.
- RINSE YOUR BRUSH! It is crucial to rinse your toothbrush well. Whilst most of us give it a quick rinse, it is important to be thorough in order to wash away the bacteria you’ve just removed from your mouth. Otherwise, next time you brush the bacteria will go straight back inside your mouth and onto your teeth and gums.
- DON’T SKIP TEETH. Skipping teeth is all too easy when brushing, and often occurs when you flip your toothbrush around to brush the other side of your mouth. Here’s a good trick: Once you’ve brushed your molars at the back of your mouth, make sure you brush right round into the middle of your mouth before turning the brush around – this will help avoid missing a tooth at the front.
To give a helping hand to make us all better at brushing teeth, Oral-B has developed their best electric toothbrush. Called the TriZone, RRP from £49.95-£199.99, it’s fool proof and simple to use. It doesn’t matter which technique you use for brushing teeth, the TriZone will still remove up to 100% more plaque than an ordinary manual toothbrush.
It really is time to break those bad habits when cleaning teeth – your smile will thank you for it…
*5,506 people were surveyed by Oral-B from the from the UK, France, Brazil, US and Japan