It sounds obvious, but it’s true: the easiest way to clean your kitchen is to keep it clean! Here’s some shortcuts that will cut down on that ‘one big clean’ a week and help you keep your kitchen sparkling all the time.
Cleaning a blender can be one of the kitchen’s most fidgety tasks. But it really doesn’t need to be with this three-step hack.
1. As soon as your drink’s poured, take the pitcher to the sink and add a bit of warm water, along with a squeeze of Fairy Liquid.
2. Put it back on the blender, and turn it on for 20 seconds. This way, not only will you not have to attack the blender with pipe cleaners, but Fairy Liquid’s concentrated solution means you need just one drop to clean the entire machine in less than a minute.
3. Rinse and leave to dry.
Let your dishwasher do all the work – and we’re not just talking about dishes!
1. Scraping off food bits before putting dishes in the dishwasher washing really does make your dishwasher tablet more effective – but you don’t need to pre-rinse. Your one Fairy Platinum tablet will be much more effective at tough food cleaning if it’s not having to also fight off the previous contents of the dishwasher – plus your dishwasher last longer too.
2. If your dishwasher is only half full, don’t let the water go to waste. Need to clean the fridge? Put refrigerator shelves in with your washing up: that way half your job is done. You can also add in burner covers, making short work of cleaning your hob, especially with Fairy Platinum making the job even easier. If it’s small and it needs cleaning, check it can go in the dishwasher. You might save yourself a bit of additional effort!
3. Sometimes your dishes really do just need a good soak. To save time, put pans in to soak with washing-up liquid before your other dishes, or even just before you sit down to dinner, so you can get on with other tasks, instead of waiting around for last night’s caked-on dinner to (hopefully) lift. Fairy’s superior grease-cutting power makes short work of even the dirtiest dishes. And Fairy Platinum will help your dishwasher deal with what’s left with no problem at all.
Washing up while you’re still cooking might seem like a pain, but it actually saves time later, when you’d rather be relaxing.
1. Rinse your utensils and put them in the dishwasher or sink bin as you finish with them, cutting down on the time needed to organize the washing up.
2. Wipe down your work surfaces as you go.
3. Add Fairy Platinum to your dishwasher before you sit down to eat, and let it get to work faster, leaving you more time to spend on not cleaning!
Surfaces are one of those things that sound so easy in practice, yet somehow dried bits of sauce still end up on the hob. The easiest way to deal with it is simply to clean as you go.
1. Take five minutes out of your day to wipe down any work surfaces you missed during your food preparation, saving yourself a 30-minute weekly slog.
2. One of Fairy Original’s wonder uses is as a makeshift surface cleaner. So even if you’re lacking a dedicated surface cleaner, simply add one drop of Fairy Original to a clean damp sponge to take care of all your surfaces, with no extra effort needed from you.
For more great ideas on super-quick cleaning, visit our Cleaning Wizard hub
Have you got any additional tips to make your washing up work for the whole kitchen? Let us know in the comments below.