- 1-1/4 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch baking pan.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
3. Cream the butter and 1 cup sugar with electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth.Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
5. Fold in blueberries.Pour batter into pan and sprinkle nuts and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over top.
6. Bake until tester comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on awire rack.