Crunchy grilled cod
• Bake frozen fillets in buttered foil for 30 minutes (or according to brand packaging).
• Make sure any excess liquid has drained away, then place fillets in a grill-proof dish.
• Make a breadcrumb mix by putting four to five slices of either stale brown bread or slices of an Italian bread like ciabatta in the blender.
• To the breadcrumbs add fresh-ground pepper, finely chopped garlic, herbs, grated parmesan and other ingredients according to taste (such as a little squeezed lemon, crushed capers, finely chopped chilli, or sliced strips of shallot). Give this a good stir with a tablespoon of olive oil.
• Scatter this topping over the fish. Drizzle over a little more oil.
• Grill on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, without letting it burn.
Serve with roasted vegatables.