Refreshing non-alcoholic summer drinks recipes
When the sun makes an appearance on one of our rare hot days in summer, there’s nothing better than sitting out in your garden to enjoy a delicious, refreshing drink. Why not mix up one of these cooling non-alcoholic treats, sit back and enjoy a few quiet moments.
Pomegranate Sangria Bliss
Pomegranates are well known for their health benefits being loaded with antioxidants and, while the fruit isn’t available in the summer, you can find the juice in all supermarkets. Try this healthy fruit-infused cocktail recipe, which is a non-alcoholic take on the summer party staple, sangria, so the kids can drink it too.
1 quart pomegranate juice
2 cups papaya, mango or apple juice
1-2 oranges (depending on size)
1/2 cup sugar
- Mix juices and sugar briskly until sugar dissolves.
- Wash oranges and berries and cut into thin, round slices.
- Remove kiwi skin and cut into thick, round slices. Place all fruit into your juice mixture and allow the flavours to blend in fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight, before serving.
- Serve in individual glasses, garnished with fresh fruit slices.
1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups ice
1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks (or one 12-oz can pineapple chunks)
1 tablespoon honey
- Place all ingredients, except honey, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and drizzle with honey.
- Garnish with a mango or pineapple slice, if desired.
Tip: Freeze your blended smoothie for 20 minutes for a firmer texture.
Lemonade Raspberry Ice Cubes and Ginger Ale Ice Cubes with Lemon Zest
Add a taste of summer to any drink with these flavored ice cubes. Serve with iced tea, cranberry juice or whatever quenches your thirst.
2 cups lemonade
24 fresh raspberries
2 cups of ginger ale
Zest of 2 lemons
4 ice cube trays
- Pour the lemonade into two ice cube trays.
- In the lemonade trays, place one raspberry per cube.
- Pour the ginger ale into a large bowl and stir in lemon zest.
- Pour the ginger ale mixture into the other two trays.
- Freeze and serve.
No summer party or BBQ is complete without special summer drinks. These recipes for sweet summer sips will help bring something unique and refreshing to your summer table.