Served with creamed asparagus, on top of a tomato and asparagus salad, or potted with capers, sardines and tomatoes – there are so many ways you can serve poached eggs for breakfast, a light lunch or a classy, easy supper.
Here’s how to cook poached eggs so they’re restaurant-perfect:
1. Bring water to the boil in a pan.
2. Place a layer of cling film in a cup, brush it with oil and drop a fresh egg into it. Twist the ends of the cling film together and knot them to form a little sack.
3. Turn down the heat – the water should only simmer.
4. Place the egg in its sack gently into the water and let it cook for 4 minutes in hot water.
5. Take the sack out of the water with a slotted spoon. Carefully open the cling film and you’re ready to go!
For brunch this weekend, why not try our easy Eggs Benedict recipe.