4 facial yoga exercises to tone and firm
Before you read on, did you know that you can sign up to receive the latest Supersavvyme articles, tips & tricks and competitions? Register here
Smiling might not exactly be a facial exercise, but it can not only boost your mood, it could also help to keep wrinkles at bay by helping to plump your cheeks, tone your lips and lift your neck.
Whatever your workout of choice, the chances are it focuses on keeping your body in shape, but completely forgets about your face. As a busy woman, it can be hard to find time to fit in facials and the like to keep you looking your best, but with a few simple facial yoga moves, you could see some great results.
Before you begin your facial yoga, stand up straight in front of the mirror - don't worry if you feel a bit daft! At first, do each of the facial exercises every other day and once you've mastered them, you won't need the mirror and should repeat your facial yoga routine once or twice a week. The beauty is that you can do them anywhere - while making dinner, during your break at work or even in the bath!
1. Posh pronunciation
Facial exercise might feel silly at first, but by fully articulating a series of vowels while laughing, you can help lift the neck and firm the corners of your mouth. You never know, it may also improve your pronunciation too!
- Breathe in deeply before you start.
- Try saying A, E, I, O, U' in a very deliberate, almost posh voice while smiling and laughing.
- Repeat the process three times.
2. Pucker up, baby
You might look like a pouting fish, but this facial exercise will help tone your cheeks and lips, and plump up the lower half of your face.
- Suck in your cheeks until your lips form a figure-of-eight shape.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds then release.
- Repeat 20 times.
3. Keep it zipped
This facial exercise can give your smile a boost. By tensing up your lips you can effectively prevent sagging of the skin surrounding the lips, and give your grin a winning boost.
- With your mouth closed, pinch your lips shut tight.
- Stretch your mouth as widely as you can as if you're trying to smile while your lips are glued shut.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds before relaxing all the muscles. Repeat 10 or 12 times.
4. The Kiss
This facial exercise is perfect for helping to firm the lips and smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. You can max the impact of this move by using your fingers to squeeze your lips in place.
- Push the lips forward into an extreme pout, as if puckering up for a kiss.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat the process four times.
Keep up the good work!
Would you do these facial exercises, or do you feel too silly?
Let us know in the comments box below.